Try these nachos for your next catch up with friends or family, they are just as healthy as they are yummy!
1. Combine figs and almonds in a food processor for approximately 1 minute or until mixture forms a medium-fine consistency.
2. Add puffed rice and cashews and pulse for an additional 15 seconds.
3. Pour maple syrup and tahini into mixture while the motor is still running, until mixture reaches a moist consistency that sticks slightly between two fingers.
4. Using damp hands roll a heaped teaspoon into a ball and coat with sesame seeds. Repeat to make 12 balls.
5. Store in airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 weeks until ready to eat.
To dry roast almonds, preheat oven to 180°C, place almonds on a cooking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes.
You can find brown puffed rice in the health food section in the supermarket or health food store.