Seared steak with caponata
Try serving traditional Italian caponata with a tender piece of steak for a new twist on steak and vegies.
1. Heat oil in a large pan, add onion, carrot, celery and capsicum and sauté for about 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened slightly.
2. Add mince, cook over a high heat until mince is browned all over, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir in lentils, passata sauce, water, stock powder and oregano and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered for 10 minutes.
4. Uncover pan and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in basil.
5. Serve with spaghetti or pasta of your choice.