Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
Our commitment to you
We, the National Heart Foundation of Australia ABN 98 008 419 761 (Debit User ID 404532), note our commitment to you as follows:
- We will send you an annual receipt in the mail summarising the drawings.
- Where the due date of your regular monthly gift falls on a non-business day, we will draw the amount on the next business day. In the event the drawing is declined, we may re-attempt the transaction in the days following the due date and/or contact you.
- We will provide written notice of any proposed changes to your drawing arrangement, providing no less than 14 days’ notice.
- We reserve the right to cancel the drawing arrangement if drawings are continually declined by your nominated financial institution. Where drawings are declined we will contact you to arrange an alternate payment method. A fee may apply for drawings that are returned unpaid.
- We will keep all information provided by you and details of your nominated account at the financial institution private and confidential. However, your financial institution may require such information to be provided in the event of a claim or relating toan alleged incorrect or wrongful debit. We will not provide any information requested unless we are legally obliged to disclose the information, or where possible, without first obtaining your consent.
- Our supporter relations team will investigate and deal promptly with any queries, claims or complaints regarding debits, providing a response within 20 business days.
Your commitment (the donor)
You (the donor) note your commitment to us as follows:
- If uncertain about any details please check with your Financial Institution before completing any details.
- Direct Debit through the Bulk Electronic Clearance System (BECS), is not available from all accounts. It is your responsibility to check with your financial institution prior to completing the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement that direct debiting is available from your nominated account, and that your account details are correct.
- You are advised to check all account details against a recent statement from your Financial Institution.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that person authorising the Direct Debit Request is identical to the account signatory as held by the financial institution of the nominated account.
- It is your responsibility to ensure at all times, that sufficient funds are available in the nominated account to meet drawings each month on the due date.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if the account nominated by you is altered, transferred or closed.
- It is your responsibility to arrange with us a suitable alternative payment method if the ability to draw from your nominated account is stopped, either by you or the nominated Financial Institution.
- If you wish to cancel or alter a debit payment you must notify us by calling 13 11 12 (option 2) at least 20 days before the next donation day.
- It is your responsibility to meet any charges resulting from the set up and usage of direct debit as your preferred method of regular giving. This may include fees charged to us as a result of returned drawings.
- If you are uncertain as to when the debit will be processed from your account you should enquire directly with your Financial Institution.
- You may request to defer, alter or cancel the agreed drawing schedule, by giving written notice to the National Heart Foundation of Australia, Reply Paid 2222, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice should be received by us at least 20 business days prior to the due date of your next donation.
- All transaction disputes, queries and claims should be raised directly with us either by calling 13 11 12 (Option 2) or emailing email@example.com. We will provide a verbal or written response within 20 business days from the date of notice. If your claim/dispute is successful, we will arrange for your financial institution to adjust your account accordingly.
Your Personal Information is being or has been collected by the National Heart Foundation of Australia ABN 98 008 419 761 (Heart Foundation, we, us, our) to facilitate services requested by you and /or to keep you informed about Heart Foundation related activities. We respect your privacy and embrace the principles contained in the Privacy Act. We may contact you in the future for the promotion of heart health messages and programs, research, fundraising purposes and invitations to events. If you attend our events you may be photographed or filmed and images &/or audio may be used in various mediums to promote the Heart Foundation. Please tell event staff if you do not wish to be photographed or filmed. Personal details may be provided to third parties where required by law or for the purpose of facilitating services contracted by us, in so doing your personal information may be disclosed to overseas recipients. Further information is available in our Privacy Notice or on request. Communications from us may include mail, email, social media, SMS or telephone contact and may also include messages on behalf of event sponsors and other third parties. By providing your information to us you agree that you have provided your indefinite consent to this contact. You may withdraw consent at any time though in doing so we may not be able to provide you with services requested. The Heart Foundation will not disclose your information to any third party for their marketing purposes.