What we do
We fund life-saving heart research and work to improve heart disease prevention and care for all Australians.
Right now, 1.4 million Australians are living with heart disease, and each year more than 55,000 Australians suffer a heart attack. We're out to change that.
The Heart Foundation is dedicated to making a real difference to the heart health of Australians. Every day, our work includes:
- funding world-class cardiovascular research
- guiding health professionals on preventing and treating heart disease
- educating Australians about making healthy choices
- supporting people living with heart conditions
- advocating to government and industry to improve heart health in Australia.
We want to make it easier for Australians to lead heart-healthy lives. We help to create environments with healthy options and give people information and support to enable them to look after their heart health.
Our focus is on a healthier food supply, more active living and a smoke-free Australia.
See what we're doing:
- Healthy eating
- Blueprint for an Active Australia (PDF)
Government and community actions to increase population levels of physical activity and reduce sedentary behaviour in Australia, 2014-2017
We want to help Australians have access to quality healthcare and ensure risk factors are well managed and cardiovascular disease is well treated.
We're focusing on earlier detection of risk, recognition of heart attack warning signs, better emergency care, and improved care for heart attack and heart failure.