Cooking and eating good tucker
What foods should I eat?
- Choose different varieties of foods from the food groups
- Eat vegetables, whole grains (e.g. porridge oats, brown rice, barley), fruit, nuts and seeds every day
- Choose wholemeal bread, cereal, rice, pasta, and noodles
- Eat moderate amounts of animal foods (e.g. milk, yoghurt, cheese, meat, fish, chicken)
- Eat two to three serves of oily fish per week
- Include up to six eggs every week
- Eat small amounts of fats
- Drink plenty of water
What foods should I limit?
- Salty, fatty, sugary snacks such as crisps, cakes and lollies
- Take-away foods such as pies, pastries, pizzas and hamburgers
- Cordials and soft drinks (which have a lot of sugar).