About the South Australian Cardiovascular Health Research Network
The vision of the South Australian Cardiovascular Health Research Network is to build, support and nurture a vibrant and growing cardiovascular health research community in South Australia. We aim to attract and retain world-class researchers in South Australia, to improve the productivity and increase the competitive funding obtained by researchers. The network strives to facilitate connection and knowledge sharing among researchers and increase awareness and collaboration within the South Australian cardiovascular health research community.
Launched in November 2009, the network now consists of 136 members and growing. Our members share the vision of increased collaboration amongst South Australian researchers and a passion for cardiovascular health and research. Membership of the SA network is free, and interested persons are encouraged to join.
By becoming a part of the SACVHRN network, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to a network of 136 South Australian cardiovascular researchers and research affiliates;
- A focus on early career researchers, providing researchers with the opportunity to network, practice presentation skills and promote their work within the broader research community;
- Exclusive invitations to participate and attend free forums, workshops, masterclasses and seminars with research leaders;
- Access to information via the Research Network webpage on emerging research, upcoming conferences, grant dates and events;
- Assistance with translation and promotion of research to the media via our Heart Foundation Media and Communications team; and
- Being part of a collective voice to support cardiovascular research in South Australia.
The network at a glance
In 2017, Heart Foundation funds totalling more than $2 million were awarded to South Australian cardiovascular researchers through:
- 2 Future Leader Fellowships
- 1 Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- 5 Vanguard Grants
- 2 Collaboration and Exchange Grants
You can find out more about these grants for the next round under Funding Opportunities.
Join us today! SA network registration form (PDF)
Please email your completed registration forms to our Heart Foundation South Australian Research & Translation Manager, Dr Natasha Schranz.
For more information about the SACVHRN network, please contact us via SA@heartfoundation.org.au or call 08 8224 2888.