NOW OPENING MONDAY 8th APRIL 2019
PLEASE NOTE AS AT MARCH 28, 2019, CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE ELIGIBILITY AND FUNDING STRUCTURE OF THE HEART FOUNDATION VANGUARD GRANT
Please note: The How to apply document was updated on 15 April 2019, addressing changes to the Vanguard Grant word limits.
Heart Foundation Vanguard Grants provides funding to test the feasibility of innovative concepts. They are available to researchers for concept studies with the potential to improve cardiovascular health in the short term.
Vanguard Grants encourage research and innovation in biomedical, clinical, public health or health services. They are designed to facilitate feasibility testing that may lead to larger, more rigorous testing in the future. The projects will provide tangible outcomes with the potential to improve cardiovascular health.
- Open to all cardiovascular researchers
- The Heart Foundation will only accept one application per applicant. This provision applies only to the applicant and not to Other Chief Investigators
- One Year – starting either 1 January, 1 April or 1 July and continuing for no longer than 12 months
- Up to Two Years – starting either 1 January, 1 April or 1 July and continuing anywhere from 13 to 24 months.
Within the application, applicants will be required to justify the timeframe of the grant application within the Executive Summary questions of Relevance to the purpose of the Vanguard Grant and Expected Outcomes.
Valued at up to $75,000 per year. If you are selecting “up to two years”, you will be required to include Year 1 and Year 2 budgets.
- One-year - $75,000 maximum budget
- “up to Two-years” - $75,000 maximum budget per year with total budget no more than $150,000
Within the application, applicants will be required to justify the budget of the grant application within the Executive Summary questions of Relevance to the purpose of the Vanguard Grant and Expected Outcomes.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the Research Portal
The portal will open for applications on Monday 8 April 2019 and close Friday 24 May 2019 at 5:00pm AEST. Applications must be endorsed by the Administering Institution by this date.
Eligibility Requirements can be found here
Further information on How to Apply.
Please note: Eligibility and How to apply documents where updated on 28 March 2019, to reflect new changes to the Vanguard Grant
Please note: programs do not appear in the portal until the day it opens for applications
Contact the Research Team:
Tel. (03) 9321 1581