Partnership Engagement Grants
Partnership Engagement Grants enable researchers to partner with the Heart Foundation to apply to NHMRC, ARC and other funding bodies, for large-scale cardiovascular research projects. Success in this grant provides the applicant partnership support when applying for the large-scale funding.
The program is predominantly aimed at NHMRC Partnerships for Better Health Projects (Partnership Projects) and ARC Linkage Projects, however other partnership grant types will be considered.
By partnering with the Heart Foundation, researchers benefit from association with a large, reputable organisation that will enhance their ability to attract further funding. The award provides financial, reputational and in-kind support. A successful application would be one that aligns with the Heart Foundation’s strategy, priorities and values.
- Open to all researchers with cardiovascular research projects of interest to the Heart Foundation.
- All applications must have the support of a Heart Foundation representative. If you do not have the support of a Heart Foundation representation, you will be unable to submit your application.
- Your Heart Foundation representative should provide support in ensuring you project is aligned to the Heart Foundation’s strategy, priorities and values. If you do not have a pre-existing relationship within the Heart Foundation, the Research Program will endeavour to assist in finding options for support.
Download the Partnership Engagement Grant eligibility requirements for more information.
Major funding bodies
- NHMRC Partnership Projects provide three funding round per year in February, August and December.
- ARC Linkage Projects have a continuous submission process.
This is a multi-year grant with an up-front one-off payment.
- Applicants may request a financial contribution, an in-kind contribution, or a combination of both.
- If requesting a financial contribution, the amount requested must be equal to or less than $150,000.
- If requesting an in-kind contribution, the value of the contribution and the Heart Foundation representative must be confirmed prior to submitting your application. Please note, it is incumbent on the applicant to negotiate the in-kind contribution with the Heart Foundation independently of this application. There is no limit on the in-kind contribution requested.
- Applications open – January 27, 2020
- Applications close – March 20, 2020
- Successful applicants notified – Early June
- Applications open – June 15, 2020
- Applications close – July 31m 2020
- Successful applicants notified – Early October