Asian chicken noodle soup
1. Place stock, water, chicken, carrots, ginger and chilli in a large saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and stand 10 minutes.
2. Remove chicken from stock and shred finely. Finely chop coriander stems and roughly chop leaves.
3. Add rice noodles and beans to chicken stock. Return to heat and simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes until noodles are softened.
4. Stir in shredded chicken, soy sauce, sugar, bok choy, shallots and coriander stems, simmer 1-2 minutes until bok choy is wilted. Remove from heat, stir in coriander leaves.
5. Ladle soup into bowls, top with bean sprouts and serve.
Tip: Most Asian sauces are very high in salt, and should be considered ‘occasional foods’. Be sure to choose reduced salt varieties where possible.
Find recipes by cuisine