1. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Spread almonds on a baking tray. Bake almonds for 8-10 minutes or until toasted. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Roughly chop. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using electric beaters, beat eggs, sugar and orange rind together on high speed until pale and thick. Sift flour and baking powder together and stir into egg mixture with the almonds and cranberries until dough comes together.
3. Divide dough in half. Turn onto lightly floured surface and shape each half into a log about 25cm long and 4-5cm wide. Place onto 1 baking tray, allowing a little room for spreading. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
4. Preheat oven again to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Cut logs into 1cm-thick slices using a serrated knife. Place slices, in a single layer, on two lined trays.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, turning over after 10 minutes or until light golden and crisp. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
6. To make the affogato, scoop ice cream into base two heatproof glasses. Pour over the hot coffee and serve with biscotti.
The Vegemite and cheese sandwich is a treat only an Aussie could love. But can you guess how much of our daily salt… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…