ACT Health Professional Ambassador Program
The 2018 ACT Health Professional Ambassador is wrapping up so we are now looking for the next group of passionate health professionals to take part in our Ambassador program.
Would you like to improve the cardiovascular health of your patients? Become a 2019 Heart Foundation Health Professional Ambassador.
The Heart Foundation is seeking nursing, pharmacy, and allied health professionals who are passionate about improving care in primary and secondary care to join the Health Professional Ambassador program in 2019. Now is your chance to join this exciting program.
Together we can support earlier detection and better management of cardiovascular disease.
There’s no cost, plus you can earn CPD points!
Committed to supporting health professionals improve patient care and outcomes across the ACT, the Heart Foundation is offering this professional development program free of charge. We will provide a certificate of attendance for inclusion in your Continuing Professional Development records.
Why participate in the Health Professional Ambassador Program?
- Develop an understanding of the Heart Foundation’s work and messages that support cardiovascular health
- Access to the most up to date Heart Foundation information and resources
- Learn about the latest evidence on cardiovascular disease from experts in the field
- Increase your knowledge and confidence in your professional role
- Undertake an evidence-based Workplace Activity Project to support your goals and improve patient care
- Develop professional relationships and networks with health professionals from across the healthcare system
- Receive a certificate of attendance for professional development records and CPD recording
- Note: The Heart Foundation ACT is investigating the potential for travel grants to assist with some of the costs for those who travel from outside the Canberra region to attend workshops.
Topics covered during workshops include (but are not limited to):
- Sleep and cardiovascular disease
- Absolute Cardiovascular Risk calculation
- Heart failure
- Cardiac rehab
- Smoking cessation
- Sex and exercise in cardiac populations
- Personal stories from heart event survivors
- Depression, stress and CVD
- Medications adherence
- Pre-hospitalisation ambulatory care
- Working with culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
To complete the Health Professional Ambassador Program participants will need to:
- Attend four (4) full day workshops in 2019 (21 February, 16 May, 15 August, 14 November)
- Have access to email and internet for ongoing communication in between workshops
- Be an active participant in workshop discussions
- Commitment to the delivery of a Workplace Activity project.
Applications are not yet open, however, you can express interest to Robyn Smith, Heart Care Coordinator on (02) 6269 2641 or email@example.com