Heart-healthy eating tips
Eating a varied diet of healthy foods can help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight and have the energy you need to live life to the full. Healthy eating can also help with things like your blood pressure and cholesterol.
It’s never too late to start eating healthier foods, and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make some changes that can improve your health.
What is heart-healthy eating?
Healthy eating for your heart includes:
- Plenty of vegetables, fruits and wholegrains
- Variety of healthy protein sources including fish and seafood, lean meat and poultry, legumes, nuts and seeds
- Reduced fat dairy such as unflavoured milk, yoghurt and cheese
- Healthy fat choices with nuts, seeds, avocados, olives and their oils for cooking
- Herbs and spices to flavour foods, instead of adding salt.
*Water is always the preferred beverage of choice.
Our new recipe selections are based on these five heart-healthy eating principles. They are designed to make heart-healthy eating easy. This is a simple way to fit healthy eating into your lifestyle using delicious seasonal foods and fresh flavours.