Volunteers are the lifeblood of our fight against heart disease
Every year we rely on thousands of volunteers to help us do our lifesaving work in many different ways.
Our volunteers are all ages and come from all parts of the community. They do everything from doorknocking to answering phones and helping with events.
Many voluntary roles don’t need experience. We’ll give you training and the necessary support. It’s a chance to build your skills, meet new people and play a vital part in fighting heart disease.
If you’re doing related study, some types of voluntary work can even help you get credit towards your qualification.
Ways to volunteer
Across Australia, volunteers help us with things like:
- administrative support in state offices
- organising and running events
- coordinating walking groups
- fundraising appeals (e.g. door knock campaigns or challenge events)
- volunteering their professional expertise on specific projects
- community speaking
- helping on school programs
- administrative help on donor thank you programs.
Find a volunteer opportunity
Thanks for considering volunteering with us. You’ll be glad you joined the Heart Foundation community!
- Visit seek.com.au and search for "Heart Foundation" in your state.
Volunteer for a particular program
Register with a Heart Foundation office
We have offices in all states and territories and in regional Queensland and New South Wales.
Register your interest in volunteering with your local office.
The Vegemite and cheese sandwich is a treat only an Aussie could love. But can you guess how much of our daily salt… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…