Resources for your workplace
Sit less posters
A range of four posters that act as a visual cue to prompt workers to stand or move more frequently in a workplace setting. These posters also provide imagery on ways that people can reduce extended sitting throughout the day.
- Be an up-standing citizen (PDF)
- Move more, sit less (PDF)
- Stand up for your health (PDF)
- Take a stand (PDF)
Guides to make your workplace healthier
- Healthy workplace guide: Ten steps to implementing a workplace health program, Second edition (PDF)
Provides easy to follow steps on creating a workplace that supports employees in leading healthy lifestyles, including how to get started, construct and implement a workplace health program.
- Healthy workplace activities: At a glance (PDF) Practical suggestions for activities that can be easily implemented within your workplace.
- Move More Sit Less Evaluation Toolkit Building on the Healthy Workplace Guide, this toolkit assists workplaces to evaluate programs aimed at moving more and sitting less. It provides step-by-step instructions on methods to choose, the questions to ask, and how to analyse and interpret results.
- Workplace Wellness Toolbox An overview of Heart Foundation resources for workplaces implementing their own workplace wellness programs.
- BeUpstanding - A free interactive toolkit for getting your workplace to stand up, sit less and move more. Researchers at The University of Queensland designed this online resource to raise awareness and build a supportive culture to create a ‘dynamic’ workplace where sitting less and moving more is the norm.
‘Sit Less and Move More’ workplace program case studies
During 2016, two workplaces introduced a Sit Less & Move More program into their workplace, with support from the Heart Foundation and the University of Sydney’s Prevention Research Collaboration (PRC). The program involved implementing and evaluating a number of strategies to reduce prolonged sedentary behaviour in workers. The following case studies present the outcome of each of these workplace programs: