Women and heart disease resources
2017 Women and Heart Disease Forum
In June 2017, the Heart Foundation NSW convened a one-day forum to showcase emerging research and clinical advances to shine a light on the experience of heart disease among women.
This multidisciplinary Forum was an energising day that brought together experts from cardiology, obstetrics, midwifery, oncology and public health. We are thrilled to be able to share the presentations from the experts in the field and we thank them for their generosity.
2017 Women and Heart Disease Forum video - see some highlights from the day.
Forum webinar – watch the plenary and concurrent presentations presented by experts.
Reports and Statements
- Hidden Hearts: Cardiovascular Risk and Disease in Australian Women 
- Women and heart disease: Cardiovascular profile of women in Australia 
- Women and Heart Disease forum report 
- The engaging women strategy [2008-2012]
- Heart attack survivor survey: Gender Comparison 
- AHA Scientific Statement . Acute Myocardial Infarction in Women
- AHA Guideline: Effectiveness-Based Guidelines for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Women – 2011 Update.
- AHA Scientific Statement : Preventing and Experiencing Ischaemic Heart Disease as a Woman. The State of the Science.
NSW Women and Heart Disease program
The Heart Foundation in NSW has embarked on a three-year campaign to raise awareness among women and the health professionals who care for them. The comprehensive program will include education programs, resources and education for health professionals as well as funding key research projects on women and heart disease. Learn more.