Resources for health professionals
- Patient information
- Improving the delivery of cardiac rehabilitation in Australia, 2014 (PDF)
The Heart Foundation’s cardiac rehabilitation advocacy strategy.
- Recommended framework for cardiac rehabilitation, 2004 (PDF)
By the National Heart Foundation of Australia and Australian Cardiac Rehabilitation Association.
- Secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease, 2010 (PDF)
Actions for governments, health system planners, policy makers, health professionals, and consumers to achieve the best health outcomes for Australians with diagnosed cardiovascular disease.
- Reducing risk in heart disease, updated 2012 (PDF)
An expert guide to clinical practice for secondary prevention of coronary heart disease.
- ACRA Core Components of Cardiovascular Disease Secondary Prevention and Cardiac Rehabilitation 2014
Clinical information provided by the Australian Cardiovascular Health and Rehabilitation Association (ACRA) on the Heart and Lung Circulation website.
The Advocacy Toolkit has been developed to support health professionals promote improved cardiac rehabilitation and heart failure services in their local area. The toolkit includes two factsheets outlining the evidence that shows the benefits of cardiac rehabilitation and heart failure services. The Heart Foundation has developed this toolkit with the support of the Statewide Cardiac Clinical Network and the AMA Queensland.
The HEART website provides clinician resources for cardiac rehabilitation and heart failure management. You can access evidence-based guidelines, templates, protocols, calculators, patient resources, and videos. Supported by Queensland Health and the Heart Foundation.