What can I do to help myself recover?
During this difficult time, you can help yourself get better by following these important steps:
- Follow up with your doctor regularly.
- Take your medicines as prescribed.
- Attend cardiac rehabilitation.
- Take care of your emotional wellbeing.
- Understand what increases the risk of a heart attack.
Taking actions like these can put you in control, help your recovery and reduce the risk of you having another heart attack.
Need help finding a cardiac rehabilitation service?
Our Cardiac Services Directory can help you find a cardiac rehabilitation program near you.
Heart Foundation Helpline
We are here to answer your questions. Call 13 11 12 and talk to one of our qualified heart health professionals. If you need an interpreter, call 131 450 and ask for the Heart Foundation.