Volunteers have been supporting the work of the Heart Foundation since its beginnings in 1959. In fact, volunteers contribute many more hours to the work of the Heart Foundation than our team of staff could ever achieve. The vital work of volunteers enables the Heart Foundation's life saving work of preventing early death and disability from heart disease and stroke to continue.
Your big heart really can help others
You can help save lives and make world-class research possible by supporting the Heart Foundation Big Heart Appeal. We’re looking for 120,000 big-hearted volunteers to knock on doors in their neighbourhood this September to help raise $5 million.
Every donation to the Big Heart Appeal helps in the fight against heart disease, so your big heart really can help others. Show how big your heart is by signing up now, or call 1800 55 22 55 to find out more.
Other volunteer opportunities
The many areas of work that volunteers take part in across Australia include:
- Administrative support
- Event organisation and participation
- Annual fundraising appeals
- Project work for professionals and students
- Community speakers program
- Jump Rope for Heart and schools programs
- Donor thank you program
The volunteer program of the Heart Foundation is based on a reciprocal model that ensures that the needs of the volunteer are taken into account. The Heart Foundation welcomes people of all ages, from all walks of life, with all levels of education and from all parts of the wider community. Becoming a volunteer for the Heart Foundation provides you with:
- An interesting and dynamic work place
- A chance to update your skills in a supportive environment
- Friendship and social contact
- An opportunity to play a vital part in life-saving work
- A chance to stay abreast of the latest health issues
- A step toward moving back into paid work
The Heart Foundation has offices in all states and territories and several offices in regional areas of Queensland and New South Wales. To find out how to volunteer in your local office of the Heart Foundation please call 1300 36 27 87, or send an email to your state office: