Campaigning in your local area is a great way to support the Heart Foundation and contribute to a healthier Australia. To help you in your campaign we have developed a few tips for you.
- If starting a campaign seems out of your depth or commitment level, contact us. We may already have a campaign you can participate in and learn from.
- Identify and research your issue. Take some time to understand the issue and who else is impacted. Do some research in your area such as a survey, hold group discussions, research case studies and interview area experts.
- Set your expectations or goals. Be clear about what you are trying to achieve. This will help the development of solutions and help you measure your success.
- Once you know your goal, identify the decision makers, partners, media and local supporters.
- Present your issue. There are a number of tools you can use such as petitions, letters and meetings.
- Don't give up. Campaigning rarely achieves quick wins.