Any increase in physical activity can improve your health, and the benefits begin as soon as you get started.
You don’t have to join a gym or buy expensive equipment, and you don’t have to be sporty to be active. The easiest way to be more active is to make it a part of your daily routine!
Try some of our practical tips for a healthier lifestyle:
• If you’d like to be more active but you’re not sure where to start, try these simple swaps.
• No time to get active? Use your travelling time! Struggling to fit getting active into your busy routine? The answer could be as straightforward as leaving the car behind and hopping on a bus or train.
• Tips to help get you motivated to move! If you struggle with a lack of motivation, we've got plenty of easy tips to inspire you to get moving!
• Sit less! Spend less time on your seat and more time on your feet
• Working together with family or friends to change lifestyle habits is a good way to stay motivated – find out activities that everyone will enjoy.
• Download our Activity Tracker – it’s a fun and motivational way to get active and track your progress.
• Get the whole family involved in being more active with our 50 fun family activity ideas – hearing “I’m bored!” will be a distant memory!
• Walk your way to fun and friendship - getting active doesn’t have to be a chore. If you’d like to explore your local area and make new friends, why not join a Heart Foundation Walking group?
Keep your heart healthy by being active
Are you at risk of or living with a heart condition?
Are you recovering from a heart attack or heart surgery?
• How physical activity helps your heart
• How to make activity safe and enjoyable
• Our top tips to get started
• Safely increase your activity levels over time